No Words. Just pictures. Click each photo for the recipe! Not all are gluten free but can be adjusted to be so!
Posts Tagged ‘quinoa’
Posted in Recipes, tagged avocado, bean burger, cauliflower, corn, cran meat, enchilada, gluten free, mushroon, quinoa, recipes, scallops, soup, stuffed mushrooms, tomoatos on March 13, 2012| 2 Comments »
Looks like I found a recipe for a gluten free thanksgiving meal with two of my favorite superfoods … chia and quinoa!!!! Holla! And I found a new website with many chia recipes. 🙂
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbs chopped sage
- 4 chopped prunes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 kg free range chicken
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa and drain off any excess water.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3–4 minutes. Next add the walnuts, sage and prunes and stir to combine. Add the quinoa with 1 cup of water. Gently bring the liquid to boil then reduce the heat to simmer, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- When the quinoa is cooked, stir through the chia seeds, season with salt and pepper and fill the chicken with the chia and quinoa stuffing. Use a couple of toothpicks to pin the chicken skin over the cavity and secure the stuffing.
- Brush a little olive oil over the chicken, season with black pepper and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 180C and cook for a further 70 minutes basting the bird a few times during the process. Allow the chicken to rest in a warm place covered in foil for about 10 minutes before carving. Serve with accompanying mixed steamed veggies.
- Serving suggestion: Scatter chia seeds on Roast Chicken and vegetables.