Last night, along with the rest of the nation, I hosted a Super Bowl party. Go Giants! Is it still considered a party if the guest list only included, my 6 year old, the dog, the cat and myself? LOL! At any rate, it’s not a Super Bowl party without some kind of delicious bite size appetizer, right?
A couple days earlier I found this recipe from a website called Tablespoon. It looked too cute and too delicious not to try. I had to modify it a bit because the recipe called for wonton wrappers that I couldn’t, for the life of me, find; never mind finding the gluten free version. However, to be fair, I only went to one store. My whole thing is if I can’t find it at my local Stop & Shop, I’m NOT making it. Convenience is really key for me. I don’t like going on wild goose chases for ingredients. Anyway, I opted for the mini phyllo shells instead. They aren’t gluten free either but a little gluten isn’t going to kill me (thankfully!) Needless to say, they were absolutely delicious. Perfect little bite sized pieces of pure yumminess! Below is my version. But if you are interested in the original, visit here.
Note: I don’t list ingredient amounts because I did it all by sight. Add as much as you like depending on personal preference. I also threw in some sliced avocado for added measure. Everything tastes better with avocado. :)
As I mentioned, these are NOT gluten free but can be easily modified to be so if you know where to find gluten free wonton wrappers. :)
- marinara sauce
- ground beef
- shredded mozzarella
- Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- (optional) cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown beef and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
3. Place all your mini phyllo shells in a non stick tin. Sprinkle in a little Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Top with a little meat and marinara sauce. Quantity to sprinkle depends on your personal preference.
4. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Enjoy!