I love this recipe for cannellini beans because I can serve it with almost anything: pork chops or salmon for example. Sometimes I mix it with a can of tuna for added protein and flavor. And sometimes I have some in the morning with my egg whites. The possibilities are endless. And cannelinni beans are a great source of protein and fiber. It is so delicious, nutritious and so easy, even a 6 year old can make it. No, seriously, my 6 year old, Olivia, made this. I supervised of course. She loves to help me in the kitchen. She’s becoming a Lil Giada 🙂 !
Here she is mashing the garlic and chopping up the veggies. She’s so focused at the task at hand …
Chopped and ready for the skillet …
Getting all sauteed and stuff …
Doesn’t it look delicious?! Here is what you ‘ll need.
- 2 cans of Cannelinni Beans (I like Goya products. “Si es Goya tiene que ser bueno!”)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 bunch of scallions (about 10 stalks)
- salt and pepper
- Chop up onions, scallions, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and mash the garlic. Set aside.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Once hot, add the garlic and the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the scallions, the red and yellow bell peppers and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, wash and add the cannelinni beans. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for about 10-15 minutes. Then uncover and cook on high for about 5 minutes
That’s it! Dig in and enjoy. 🙂